Page Eight: Other Thangs!

 

While I wait – wait for parts, to get stuff done so I can do other things, for the weather to break from 100 heat index days, for an open stretch of time to put the engine back in – I do other little thangs.

This is mostly a photo update, so here's what I've been up to...

BRAKES!

All the hardware bead blasted and painted - I had the colors, so why not?
And new shoes!

I bead blasted the drums too and painted them with Eastwood Co's High Temperature Coating (for exhaust parts, but it works great on brake drums.)

This stuff - great stuff!

Rear brakes too - too bad it won't ever look this clean again.

INTERIOR STUFF!

I disassembeled the glove box door, basted, painted and fitted it back.

With the glove box apart, I pulled this panel, sanded and painted it too.
(And the fresh air vent cover.)

This fresh air vent cover too.

BATTERY BOX!
Blasted and painted the battery box cover -
yeah, that's a run on the left side...

Installed my new, used, refurbished trans cooler.

POR-15'ed the battery tray.

And fitted the trans cooler lines with a snappy new grommet.
LIGHTS!
Cleaned, shined and installed the taillights with new lenses.

Rebuilt the right headlight bucket with new adjusters, gaskets and lense.
I shined up the grill and painted the firewall behind it to make it pop.
(I touched up the red paint a bit too.)
RAMP LATCHES!
Rehabbed the ramp latch hardware.

I lucked out and snapped up a set of California Corvair ramp latches, right after they posted them apparently, HARD TO FIND!
I disassembled them, blasted, repainted, greased, powder coated and reasssembeled them.  New stainless hardware too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Page One: The Artifact

Page Two: The Restoration Plan

Page Three: The Drivetrain